Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Editor Error

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
arjanrr
1752 Views, 22 Replies

Graph Editor Error

Hello,

I have been using Maya for the the past year, and have never really had any unsolvable issues. However, I have recently come across a graph editor error when I open it. The main poses show up in the editor, but the curves do not. The error can be seen in the picture below (// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/graphEditorPanel.mel line 1229: popupMenu: Object 'graphEditor1GraphEd' not found.)

I have deleted and reinstalled maya, and have received the same error. I have also updated my graphics card with the latest drivers. I'm really puzzled because it had been working fine up until this point, had used the graph editor several times and now all of a sudden I get this error. 

Please advise, Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-03-04 154134.jpg 

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
arjanrr
in reply to: arjanrr

solved.

Message 3 of 23
a.szeiner

Hello

I also have the same problem.. What was the solution for you please. Can you wrote me how you solved?

Thank you

Message 4 of 23
javierdiazmsound

What was the solution?

I appreciate your response.

Message 5 of 23
yaracelkhoury

Hello

if you can provide us with the solution it would be much appreciated!

Thank You! 

Message 6 of 23

Any update on how the issue was resolved. Thanks!

Message 7 of 23
balanceradicant

hello

i have the same problem. what was the solution? please, help.

thanks.

Message 8 of 23

Hi. I had the same problem recently. 

After trying all the classic solutions (deleting preferences, re installing Maya, updating Nvidia drivers ...) What finally solved for me was to also update the AMD drivers. I am running Maya on a AMD laptop and the AMD graphic card was conflicting with the Nvidia card.

I hope this helps if this is applicable to your situation.

Message 9 of 23

I'm using an internal graphics card on motherboard. I guess the problem with an update. thank you for the reply. 

Message 10 of 23
anoop_rk

I am facing the same issue. In my case I am using HP OMEN with Nvidia RTX 3060 TI. The graph editor was working fine early. I updated the driver reset all maya settings, still the issue is not resolved.

Message 11 of 23
brentmc
in reply to: anoop_rk

Hi,

This would likely be a preferences issue since preferences are not reset when re-installing Maya.

Here is a help link on how to reset your Maya preferences:

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 12 of 23
anoop_rk
in reply to: brentmc

Hi @brentmc 

Thank you for your reply.

I have already done these steps and didn't solve issue.

Message 13 of 23

If you have an AMD computer try also updating the divers for the motherboard. That was the solution for me after trying every other solution.

Message 14 of 23

I have Intel i7
Message 15 of 23
kelly_hynes
in reply to: anoop_rk

Was the Graph Editor working with an earlier graphics driver?  If updating did not fix the problem, perhaps rolling back to an earlier driver might fix it.

Kelly

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 16 of 23
anoop_rk

The issue is Maya failed to initialize graphics device when the software starting. Below mentioned dialogue showing in Output Window.

"VP2 Error : Failed to initialize graphics device.
Error: Color management settings cannot be applied: Failed to finalize the color transform.."

Message 17 of 23
nn3jay
in reply to: brentmc

Hello Sir

Could you please give a viable solution to this issue on Maya 2022. It is really costing me my business. i cannot find my Curves on the Graph Editor window. Pleasssseeee

Message 18 of 23
nn3jay

Hello Sir, this is 2024 and you posted this issue in 2022. You also posted that you've resolved it. Why not be kind enough to post the solution here for those here and those to come in the future to benefit from??

The Maya 2022 version seems to be the most stable version of Maya that is why I still use it to date. I have tried Maya 2024 but still had to revert back to 2022 but this Graph Editor issue has got me really worried. 

Message 19 of 23
anoop_rk
in reply to: nn3jay

Autodesk tech person directly contacted me, and he checked my laptop and found the issue, The issue was that Maya couldn't detect the Graphics card while launching. And he tried many things on my laptop to fix it, but it didn't work. Finally, he suggested formatting the laptop and reinstalling Maya!!

My laptop is i7 with RTX 3070 Ti

Message 20 of 23
nn3jay

Wow. Thanks for the information. Formatting my Laptop now would be like restarting my life afresh. I may have to manage the 2024 version for animations only until I get a new laptop. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums