Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Editor Auto Frame

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
martinmichl
4318 Views, 4 Replies

Graph Editor Auto Frame

Hello

since working in 2017 my graph editor automatically frames the curves of each new selected item

this is sometimes useful, but sometimes confusing

I cannot find this feature, perhaps someone could give me a hint

btw its not the "time snap on/off"

this breaks the link to all new selections

I want to see new curves when i select a new object

just not zoom/frame to their range but stay with my previous framing

thnx in advance

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cornelh
in reply to: martinmichl

@martinmichl

I see what you mean.. hmmm..  It wants to just zoom into the keys of the last selected object.  I will try to find out how stop this as I do see how it can gre annoying pretty fast.

Thanks for reporting this.. as it is, it seems like it was designed this way, yet we might not be aware of a check box hidden someplace to make it all better ;-).  Have a great weekend, I will check back on Monday to see if I have figured it out.

Message 3 of 5
santd
in reply to: cornelh

Hello @martinmichl,

There is an option in Windows > Settings/Preferences > Animation. Under Graph Editor disable the option for "Auto Frame".

graphEditorAutoFrame.png

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 4 of 5
slimboJoe
in reply to: santd

Wow, hidden in the Preferences?  That is some lazy programming there.

Is there a Preference for a better UI?  Maybe a "Awww, Come ON!" button so I don't have to keep yelling it out loud.

Message 5 of 5
whurst121280
in reply to: santd

I know this topic is Super old, but I don't care. I just wanted to say thank you so very much. This just saved me so much frustration. The graph editor constantly zooming back out while trying to work within a specific region was driving me absolutely bonkers. What hair I have left is also thankful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report