Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.gltf Plug-In doesn't work

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Bicker424
388 Views, 6 Replies

.gltf Plug-In doesn't work

I'm not sure if it's from using a desktop that just can't handle the workload or if there's an additional plug-in I'm missing, but every time I try to export a file in Maya as a .gltf file, not only does nothing happen, but it ends up eating all of my computer's memory to the point I need to abort it before my computer freezes. Is there a specific setting required, or do I need to add on an additional plug-in?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
_sebastian_f
in reply to: Bicker424

which plugin do you use? any errors when loading it?
Message 3 of 7
Bicker424

I think the plug-in is from "Babylon.js", and no there are no errors when loading. It just takes up so much memory on the computer that Maya freezes and then I have to force quit it.

Message 4 of 7
_sebastian_f

to be honest i´m not to experienced with babylon. so far all i can say i didn´t have problems with the export of different meshes i tried. the only thing i noticed  is the "optimize vertices" option seemed to mess up the mesh for other importers outside of babylon. i don´t know what the optimize is doing exactly but depending on the mesh i can imagine it to create memory problems. in general i would disable all export options and see if it does something and if yes re-enable them step by step. or upload your mesh here so one can check for problems.

Message 5 of 7
Bicker424
in reply to: _sebastian_f

There are no "Optimize Vertices" option when I try to export the mesh in gltf. The options are as shown in the screenshots. This problem occurs with any file I use.

Message 6 of 7
_sebastian_f

Babylon should create its own menu in the top menu bar. From there you should be able to access a lot more options. 

Message 7 of 7
Bicker424

I stand corrected about Babylon. This is where I installed the plug-in. I now remember trying Babylon only to find it's not compatible with Macs.

https://github.com/matiascodesal/maya-glTF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report