Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gizmo disappeared completely

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Aditi.KumariWR52R
3843 Views, 7 Replies

gizmo disappeared completely

I recently installed Maya 2022, when I started working my gizmo is not coming in any hotkeys. I can see the icons are changing for W,E,R but gizmo is not coming. When I select Translate, Rotate or Scale from channel box then gizmo is coming. Because of these I can't edit mesh in edge or vertex mode. Is there any option turn on gizmo displayed.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brentmc
in reply to: Aditi.KumariWR52R

Hi,

It is a bit hard to understand what might be going on from your description so my first suggestion would be to reset your Maya 2022 preferences.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Maya-Cus...

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 8
Aditi.KumariWR52R
in reply to: brentmc

I tried to reset preferences but still gizmo is not coming
Message 4 of 8
brentmc
in reply to: Aditi.KumariWR52R

Hi,

The next thing to check would be your graphics card / drivers to see if you are using the correct ones for your version of Maya.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/maya-certified-...

Also, some integrated graphics cards perform better in Maya if you set Windows > Preferences > Display > Viewport 2.0 > Rendering Engine to DirectX 11 and restart Maya.

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 5 of 8

it happened the same to me so i double click in the move icon to the left and reset the tool and the gizmo appear, the same to scale and rotate

Message 6 of 8

Thanks, this is what worked for me.
Message 7 of 8

The other thing that make gizmos vanish is put manipulation in tweak mode. Just turn off tweak mode again and the gizmos are back.

Message 8 of 8

If the transformation gizmo isn't appearing with Maya 2022 hotkeys (W, E, R), try toggling tool display by pressing W and left-clicking in the viewport. Additionally, check for a "Reset Tool" option in the tool settings. Ensure "Transform Display" is enabled in the "Display" menu and update your graphics drivers. If problems persist, resetting Maya preferences may help. For detailed guidance, consult the Maya documentation or seek assistance on Autodesk support forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report