Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Exporter does not export animation and geometry

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mikkirijk
1744 Views, 7 Replies

Game Exporter does not export animation and geometry

Hi,

I'm encountering a weird problem, and can't seem to find a solution anywhere: I have a relatively simple rig that's referenced in another file and animated around 500 frames. I made 11 animation clips in the game exporter, but once I try to export all the clips in one file, all the animation and geometry disappears. The only thing left in the FBX is the rig, controls and an empty group where the geo should be.

When I export the animation clips to single files, I do get the animation but the geo is still missing. I have tried multiple things, like putting the animation on the original file, thinking the reference was the problem. Re-bound the skin to the bones, deselected animation clips, tried different FBX versions but all to no avail.

I'm also not getting any error messages 🤔

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hamsterHamster
in reply to: mikkirijk

Have you tried to File>RefEd>File>Import Objects From Reference before exporting FBX?

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 8
mikkirijk
in reply to: hamsterHamster

I hadn't yet, but I have now.

Sadly still more of the same - No animations, no geo, only the rig and controls visible.

Message 4 of 8
hamsterHamster

Sounds off, yet, the provided details alone are not enough to determine the cause.

How did you tell that FBX does contain the rig and controls and no mesh only? In the game engine or tried to open that exported FBX in Maya?

Try to export something basic, like, a sphere skinned to two joints + one blendshape + simple anim, with FBX 2020 (or next older) exporter. If imported back to Maya it works, then your original rig contains something unsupported.

Once it imports back to Maya fine, but still having issues importing to game engine, consult it's manual about suported features.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 5 of 8
mikkirijk
in reply to: hamsterHamster

Both actually. Tried importing it in Unity at first and then tried Maya.

I tried the sphere thing, and with that I do get everything fully working. I'm not sure what could be unsupported in the original file, though. I'll try to re-rig the first model in a clean project and see whether that works.
Message 6 of 8
mikkirijk

Re-rigging works fine, I think for now this is the quickest solution. Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 8
labormare

Thanks !!

Message 8 of 8
labormare

It sounds like you're facing a perplexing issue with your game exporter. Despite creating multiple animation clips, the exported FBX file seems to strip away all animation and geometry, leaving only the rig and controls intact. This could potentially disrupt the gameplay experience, akin to encountering a glitch in the Traffic Rider APK where crucial elements vanish, hindering the immersive experience. Investigating the export settings or seeking assistance from experienced developers might shed light on resolving this frustrating setback, ensuring a seamless integration of animation and geometry into your game.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report