Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File corrupted - "fatal error," help!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
asherm94
414 Views, 5 Replies

File corrupted - "fatal error," help!

Hi,

I was working on a file the other night. I saved the file but had it minimized overnight and unfortunately my computer crashed the next morning when I tried to turn it on. The computer is fine now but I can no longer open the file. Every time I do it loads, displays the scene and then I get a "fatal error" and the program crashes before I can interact with the file in any way. Can someone help me please?

I'm running Maya 2019 on Windows 10

I've attached the file in question, thanks!

Tags (2)
Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asherm94
in reply to: asherm94

if it helps, I used a MASH node but I'm certain that I deleted the history so it shouldn't still be an issue, presumably. I do still see it in the Outliner, though.
Message 3 of 6
mspeer

Hi!

I am not sure what exactly was the problem in this scene, but the crash was related to MASH, so I removed it from the scene.

Recovered scene attached.

Message 4 of 6
asherm94

That worked, thank you! How did you remove the MASH? I couldn't even interact with the scene before it crashed every time

Message 5 of 6
mspeer

Hi!

When crashing Maya saved a .ma version of the scene in the user temp folder that could be edited.

Message 6 of 6
asherm94
in reply to: mspeer

Good to know. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report