Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file and autosave corrupted

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeanne.depuis
164 Views, 2 Replies

file and autosave corrupted

My file was fine when I saved it, no error message, no weird topology, and the autosave worked fine the whole time I worked on it. But when I reopen it, one of the meshes is completely destroyed. vertex flying in all direction, topology makes no sense, and the autosave are in the same state, no matter how far I go. It's not the first time it happens, I don't know what causes it nor how to recover a clean file. Luckily I have the bad habit of NOT saving the project I work on, and the untitled_autosave are fine.

I managed to recover most of my work this way, but is there a way to AVOID losing anything? Where does this corruption come from? How can I report this to autodesk?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Not sure about what is going on with your Maya, even more so without seeing the scenes itself. Still, try to save your milestone files in both MA and MB formats. MA, which I'd advice to stick with as a default choice, can be edited and errors fixed with a mere Notepad; while MB is unreadable, but is safer choice for keeping connections to referenced files.

To report the problem, click Help > SpeakBack > ReportAProblem..

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: jeanne.depuis

Hi!

For help with any issues in Maya, contact technical support for Maya.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums