Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX export messing up UV maps in Substance Painter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lap372
2223 Views, 1 Reply

FBX export messing up UV maps in Substance Painter

Hi there, so I'm working on a project and I'm trying to export my model as an FBX and then work with that in Substance, however every time that I do, a bug occurs where one face (I think that's what it is, I'm going to be honest I have no idea what the problem is) covers the entire screen, mirrors the marks I make, and doesn't show my UV map as I laid it out in Maya. I've been troubleshooting this for the last two days to no avail.  I have another object that exported and textured with no issues in the same file, and I'm not sure what's causing this one to mess up so badly.  I think I've narrowed down the problem area to the lower neck, which makes sense as it is a geometry nightmare that I am just trying to make work. I have deleted and tried to clean it up and make the geometry work, but it has been fruitless. In the OBJ format it works fine, but not in FBX, which is the format I need to use. I've merged vertices more times than I'd care to admit, with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
teddude75
in reply to: lap372

First in substance don't import with UV tiling. You only one have one tile. It might also be your UV sets. Make sure you one have UV set. Also make sure that all the model has UVs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report