Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error on startup Maya 2019 Mac.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chartUU2KR
248 Views, 2 Replies

Fatal error on startup Maya 2019 Mac.

Hi everyone, I'm struggling here. I have the educational license for Maya and have been working with Maya 2018 with no issues. Recently it wouldn't get off the loading screen so I re-installed from Autodesk. The earliest version I could install is 2019 so I went with that. 

When I tried loading up the new program I got the following error as soon as it loaded:

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in /var/folders/l8/kd30wmh142lcnfch2sx8tc940000gn/T/********.20211107.1812.ma

(my name is in asterisks)

I tried the 'prefsOld' approach - nothing. Then tried pasting the text floating around here into the .env file (hope I did it right) but nothing, then I did a clean uninstall, tried Maya 2022, but that crashes too.

I'm currently having to self isolate and I am teaching Maya to 3 groups of college students, so I'm a bit worried about getting things working again. I'm no computer whizz, so any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

I'm on a Mac - here are the specs. All is up to date as far as it tells me, as I'm sure the video card drivers update with the rest of the computer?

chartUU2KR_0-1636311424468.png

HELP PLEASE!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
warnold1
in reply to: chartUU2KR

Apple’s recent security update has broken the Intel HD4000 driver

at the moment there is no fix for this. Reverting the security update may be possible, but then losing what it was created for

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253306155

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253309962

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 3 of 3
chartUU2KR
in reply to: warnold1

Thanks for the heads up Wayne. To be honest, I have just specced up a brand new PC as I feel my Mac was starting to show its age.  With a little luck things should be fine on it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report