Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to apply color management settings on file open: Failed to finalize the c

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dugugroup
2764 Views, 2 Replies

Failed to apply color management settings on file open: Failed to finalize the c

Hi,

More than two months I can use my maya 2017 without any problem. But unfortunately from few days getting the following error messages on the same machine!!!

Error Messages:

1. Maya 2017 opening session:Failed to apply color management settings on file open: Failed to finalize the color transform..

Failed to apply color management settings on file open: Failed to finalize the color transform..

2. Maya Output Window:

Graphic device does not support OpenGL Core Profile, fallback to OpenGL renderer.
VP2 Warning : Insufficient shader level capabilities. Vertex (4 vs 4), Geometry (0 vs 0) Pixel (4 vs 4)
VP2 Warning : Graphics hardware feature level insufficient to support renderer (2 vs 4)
Error: The GPU adaptor of the transform to finalize is null
Error: Failed to apply color management settings on file open: Failed to finalize the color transform..
Error: The GPU adaptor of the transform to finalize is null
Error: Failed to finalize the color transform.

API error detected in S:\Maya_2017_DI\src\Maya\src\Components\BifrostTmp\plugins\mayavis\BFPlugin.cpp at line 117
: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
Failed to register registerFragments.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: dugugroup

Hi!

Are you on Windows 10 or did you recently install update 3 for Maya 2017?

A) Try re-install or update of Graphic Driver.

B) Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2017 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2017 to 2017_backup. Maya creates new folders. Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 3 of 3
Mike_Rochefort
in reply to: dugugroup

Definitely reinstall your graphics driver. I ran a system update here on CentOS 7.3 which updated my desktop environment, themes, and kernel. I got that error right afterwards when launching Maya and a quick recompile of my driver did the trick.

Always looking to solve problems, if I'm helpful at all consider dropping a kudos!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report