Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to FBX - complete newb

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
727 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting to FBX - complete newb

Hello all,

I'm a complete newbie at Maya and I'm trying to get a free model I found online exported for use in Unreal. Assume I know nothing about Maya, I don't, but I did look up a simple tutorial. I qualified for an education license for 2018 so here is what I've done:

Opened the model, which looks fine, I guess. I have no experience to tell me. I deleted the non-deformed history as it requested, and selected to bake the animation when exporting to FBX. The problem is when it exports, it kicks up around 213 errors about "unable to find bind pose". It is purportedly a rigged model, and there seems to be a rigged file there with it.

Any helps/suggestions/step by steps on maybe getting this going would be great. If anyone needs I can provide a link to the model itself. It's just from a free model site, so I'm not sure if should post that here unrequested or not.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

This tutorial covers the process of taking an animation from Maya to UE4 and should help you out!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums