Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with UVS after Sculpting High Poly details

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jfinnie
133 Views, 5 Replies

Error with UVS after Sculpting High Poly details

Hi I have a high poly character bust model that is intended to be used as a normal map for a lower poly version, but there are issues with UVS that I have only discovered recently. The issue is that the UVs for the character’s nose are completely warped. I originally thought this was an issue with the baking process but have since discovered it in the uvs of the low, mid, and high poly versions of the model.

The mesh was originally modelled in Maya, then imported into Nomad Sculpt where not only were details and textures added, but areas of the model were also adjusted a fair bit compared to the original mesh in Maya. I then exported a low, mid and the final high poly models back into Maya. The mid was exported in case the low poly model still looked sharp and angular even with the normal applied.

Now that I have noticed the issue with the UVs I am not sure where to go from here.

I was hoping there was way to correct the issue on one of the lower poly versions of the model and apply it to the high poly too but feel like this might not be possible without harming the details of the high poly model. I did attempt to transfer the UV set from a corrected version of the low poly version to the high poly version but this didn’t do anything. Opening the high poly version in the UV editor completely slows my laptop down so I’m not sure if fixing the high poly UVs first would be possible.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. I’m hoping there’s away this could fixed without having to go back to a previous version and then sculpting/remodelling all over again but I’m starting to think it might not be possible.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to attach images. I've attached the UVs, I'm not sure what happened to them, the other ones for the model are fine, I'm not sure if I forgot to save at somepoint, or if something happened when moving them between apps. I've also attached an image of the high poly model for reference.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
damaggio
in reply to: jfinnie

No scene attached. no images to show the problem.

Message 3 of 6
jfinnie
in reply to: damaggio

SorryI forgot the images, I've attached a copy of the problem UVS and the model for reference.

Message 4 of 6
damaggio

There’s no scene uploaded 

Message 5 of 6
jfinnie
in reply to: damaggio

Hi, sorry here's the scene. I had to remove the high poly version from this file as I couldn't get the maxinum file size under 71 MB even when compressed. I have included the low poly and the mid poly versions, both still feature the problems I have encountered with the UVs.

Thanks for responding.

Message 6 of 6
jfinnie

Here's the version where the low poly version's uvs have been fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report