Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing video in Maya

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1669 Views, 7 Replies

Editing video in Maya

Is there any way to edit video within maya?

I want to project certain movie clips onto different surfaces at different times. (ie have a clip dissolve up, after the animation has been playing for a few seconds)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sure it's possible but isn't it easier to use a video editor?
Message 3 of 8
wuguyazhang

I switch to Joyoshare Media Cutter to edit videos. It's easier to operate.

Message 4 of 8
cavescholar

Hello, so this one fellow was asking the question how to play a video on a cube that is spinning. He was able to come up with a solution maybe this will help.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-shading-lighting-and/how-to-apply-videos-to-animated-cubes/m-p/4...

You might also look into free image plane, it can play image sequences. Since a video is just a bunch of images, you could extract the frames, then use a image plane and constrain it to the surface you want the video to play on.

Just a thought, good luck!

Message 5 of 8
nikitaskk22

Монтаж видео в Maya, вы серьезно? Не проще ли редактировать видео в видеоредакторе movavi . Все очень легко и просто, просто идеально подходит для новичков. Что ж, легко что-то вырезать или улучшить качество видео, тогда это место для вас.

Google translated by Community manager:
Editing video in Maya, are you serious? Isn't it easier to edit videos in movavi video editor. Everything is very easy and simple, just perfect for beginners. Well, it's easy to cut something or improve the quality of a video, then this is the place for you.

Message 6 of 8
daviddge

Very useful information, thanks to the developers.
Message 7 of 8
daviddge

Very useful information, thanks to the developers.

Message 8 of 8
daviddge

I tried editing videos on the app https://techzapk.com/efectum-ocean-of.htm , it's really great and free for users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums