Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each time you open a scene, the window layout is reset.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
henamayu.0329
402 Views, 6 Replies

Each time you open a scene, the window layout is reset.

Even if you display and save the view seen from the created camera and the perspective view, when you open the scene again, it returns to normal.

The number of frames set on the timeline is not saved and becomes 250.

It's a pain to set the view panel and timeline every time I open the scene.

I've attached an image of the UI settings.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
teddude75
in reply to: henamayu.0329

If you double click the file it will open it with your camera and frame range specific to that file. If you want your layout the same every time then save your workspace. If you want your timeline to be longer or shorter save it in preferences. (windows>settings/preferences>preferences>timeslider). If you want a specific camera position that is file specific(again Double click the file to get around this). Saving layout and timeline can be saved and something like changing where the camera is for every scene that Maya opens could be done with a script but double click the file will get the same camera view.

Message 3 of 7
henamayu.0329
in reply to: teddude75

thank you for your reply.

I tried the method you gave me but neither the panel nor the time slider worked for me...

After several tests, I found that if you save the scene with the created camera view open, it will replace the existing camera as shown below.

・Saved in Singlepanel.
 originalcamera→perspective
・Save in Twopanel.
 R:perspective/L:originalcamera→R:perspective/L:front

Message 4 of 7
teddude75

Did you save your workspace?

Message 5 of 7
henamayu.0329

Saved my workspace.
The workspace in the preferences was also renamed to _OLD once and made a new one.

Message 6 of 7
henamayu.0329

I am a Japanese user and my company has a Japanese version of Maya installed.
However, I wanted to use the English version, so I started the English version from the Batfile.
And since it was Maya 2020, I updated to 2020.4.

After changing to 2020.4, the Japanese version was able to solve it!
However, I would like to use it in the English version, but it is not resolved here...
Is booting from Batfile bad?

Message 7 of 7
teddude75

Bat files are fine. Are you launching Maya first or just the file in your bat file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums