Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about rigging , face for animation, quadruped character.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
victor7588
534 Views, 3 Replies

Doubt about rigging , face for animation, quadruped character.

Hello i need to rig a talking animal, cartoon style ,  it supouse to speak, but if i do blendshapes i must  copy the head "faces" or i should copy the whole body, this so i can make set driven keys and  control curves for anímate later , i am a bit confused, how should i do, copy whole body or just face/head? Or is better to add joints to face and this with control curves ?  i am a bit lost.

If i do trough Human IK  can i  add extra joints for tail and ears?  but anyway how to do the facial rigging.

I Will apreciate your help 

Thanks by Reading.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: victor7588

Hi @victor7588

You could totally use blendshapes for just the face or manually rig it like in this tutorial:

Ultimately it comes down to your workflow and what you prefer to do or what works best for your pipeline!

Message 3 of 4
victor7588
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hello, Alexis   thanks alot , it worked all fine  , rigged some joints for detail on cheek, and also blendshapes for example blink eyes , move nose, my character is a cat but it supouse to speak. 🙂

I have another doubt how do i export it let´s say i am in a team how can i export the full rig , bind and  joints ,  after try exporting fbx  this happend :

1.- Ik Splines are lost

2.- I tried with . Bake animation: of course nobody wil lbe able to  work on it .

3.-Export FBX and says   not bind   , but i already aniamte and use blendshapes 

4,. I bake blendshapes to geeometry and they continue working nothing bad

So i wonder how i can export the full rigged  character  in fbx so other can  continue ?

my character has ik spline  like this :

IK Spline : tail to tail top(point or lqast joint)  one curve control this and Works  tail flips and rotate 

IK Spline :  joint base to  ankle so it rotates 

Ik Spline : from ankle to up leg joint .

IK  Spline from   base ear to top ear and it rotates just as a tail 

Blend shapes for smile, wink/blink eye s  , nose/smell nose movement  this with set driven keys so i can control with curves 

I Will apreciate your help 

Thanks by Reading.

Message 4 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: victor7588

Hi @victor7588

Try following along with this:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums