Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Polygon objects Maya 2023

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
christianPerez
366 Views, 7 Replies

Creating Polygon objects Maya 2023

I tried to create a basic poly plane in Maya 2023. It showed up in the outliner but not in the view port and it didn't render in redshift. Tried several other objects and nothing appeared. I tried a new file , with nothing in it, same thing.

Seems like a bug. Is there a new switch I'm missing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: christianPerez

No there’s no bug here. You must be doing something wrong.

Message 3 of 8

Create polyplane in a new scene? It's a one step process. Works in maya 2022.3. Been using maya over 20 years. This is a new one.

Message 4 of 8
damaggio

Could record a video of the steps. I can’t reproduce this .how about other primitives?

Message 5 of 8

I restarted maya. It's working now. WFT

Message 6 of 8
damaggio

That’s 20 years of experience.👍

Message 7 of 8

Also , I've been using Adobe products today . They're good for screwing up vram.

Message 8 of 8
bryan5ZV5B
in reply to: damaggio

I've come across this a lot actually, after looking through the scriptEditor when I run into this I get the following output (and this is with using the UI to create a polygonal primitive, UI with option box and reset settings, UI with option box to mess with settings, the mel command with construction history on, and construction history off -save with the remark about history being on not showing up when setting the flag -ch 0)

CreatePolygonCylinder;
polyCylinder -r 1 -h 2 -sx 20 -sy 1 -sz 1 -ax 0 1 0 -rcp 0 -cuv 3 -ch 1;
// Error: line 0: Connection not made: 'pCylinderShape1.instObjGroups[0]' -> 'initialShadingGroup.dagSetMembers[-1]'.  Destination is locked.
// Error: line 0: Connection not made: 'pCylinderShape1.instObjGroups[0]' -> 'initialShadingGroup.dagSetMembers[-1]'.  Destination is locked.
// Warning: line 0: You have an empty result since history is on. You may want to undo the last command.
isolateSelect -loadSelected modelEditor1;
// Result: pCylinder1 polyCylinder1

some how this bit got saved in a maya ascii file (opening said file will start the issue for the rest of the maya session, and spread to any other file saved after encountering it... it's like a maya virus):

select -ne :initialShadingGroup;
	setAttr -av -k on ".cch";
	setAttr -k on ".fzn";
	setAttr -cb on ".ihi";
	setAttr -av -k on ".nds";
	setAttr -cb on ".bnm";
	setAttr -k on ".bbx";
	setAttr -k on ".vwm";
	setAttr -k on ".tpv";
	setAttr -k on ".uit";
	setAttr -k on ".mwc";
	setAttr -cb on ".an";
	setAttr -cb on ".il";
	setAttr -cb on ".vo";
	setAttr -cb on ".eo";
	setAttr -cb on ".fo";
	setAttr -cb on ".epo";
	setAttr -k on ".ro" yes;
lockNode -l 0 -lu 1;

The commands below fixes the issue (or one could remark out that lockNode line and the scene will work fine):

select -ne :initialShadingGroup; lockNode -l 0 -lu 0;

I don't know what you would call this behavior if you wouldn't call it a bug, but it's definitely not working as intended. And to throw the blame on the user... bad form.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums