Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find a procedure but the PROCEDURE IS RIGHT THERE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stsui4
1176 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot find a procedure but the PROCEDURE IS RIGHT THERE

Epic Pen Toolbar_(21-42-21).png

Epic Pen Content Surface_ __._DISPLAY2_(21-19-05).png

EXPLANATION: I checked EVERY part of the Error and yes you can find the right procedure on the correct line in the mel file in the exact file location so why is it telling me that maya can't find it?

Solution 1) i have re-installed 2018 maya TWICE. FBX import in my plug-in manager was deemed "missing" too, the most basic plug-in..

Solution 2) I have tried to use a fresh preferences folder, no dice.

Now; I have a feeling something just isn't clicking.
To elaborate further, I am working a project off my N drive and maya is installed in the C drive. Additionally had the SAME kind of problem on this install where XGen wasn't available nor was it in my plug-in manager but google didn't give me anything helpful to solve that issue(left unsolved to this day)--

Additional background:

to explain why i'm on 2018, I usually have multiple years so i can open 2 mayas easily for diff preferences etc., BUT I don't currently have another maya to test this issue because i am using a new computer with only 2018 on it
...With my old pc a year ago and one the school computers where i work off a separate drive i have had no issue like this. EVERYTHING WORKED FINE.

Anyway, those are all the clues I got, I have no clue on Earth what could be the issue. Incredibly frustrating. Any wisdom I would be grateful. I really couldn't find any thread on the same kind of issue.

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/hikCharacterControlsUI.mel line 1358: Cannot find procedure "FBXPushSettings". //

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
trs_andre
in reply to: stsui4

Hi!

If the plugin is not properly installed, then it should not be recognized.

Is it in the correct folder?

André Moreira

Game Developer / Technical Artist

LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
stsui4
in reply to: trs_andre

Hi andre, I appreciate your reply very much.

I'm not sure what you mean by what being in the right folder. If you check the screenshot. I am exactly explaining that the mel file I checked the exact line of code where the exact location that maya is checking for the procedure. it is ALL present.

According to that definition of being installed correctly, then yes, it is. it can only be in one C: drive, and I checked the file location. The whole point of my thread is that I checked the file location and maya is claiming that it is not locating the file location.

It could mean that the error code is reading wrong and it's actually checking my D drive, i dont know. I am looking for someone who can shed light on this issue who knows maya. That is why I posted this issue that seems illogical.

Message 4 of 6
trs_andre

Thank you for the details.

A couple of things you might want to try:

• Check if fbxmaya.mll plug-in is loaded in Maya Plug-in Manager
  • Check if the Maya plug-in environment variable is in the folder where this plug-in is located
  • Check if the Maya script environment variable is in the folder your script is located

Might be solved only by doing the first option in case it is unloaded.

Hope it helps!

André Moreira

LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
stsui4
in reply to: trs_andre

Thanks for following up.

Nope , there is no fbxmaya.mll installed to begin with. Ran into this when I had this issue before and the only topic covering this issue more than 1 year ago had no replies either.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-animation-and-rigging/no-fbxmaya-mill-plugin-in-plugins-manager/...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Maya-Dat...

According to this, fbxmaya.mll should be with the program by default. So no variable, no script no file. 

Any ideas? I re-installed maya 2018 twice...

Message 6 of 6
trs_andre

Hum...

Have you tried installing the FBX plug-in separately?

https://download.autodesk.com/us/fbx/fbx_maya_online/files/WS73099cc142f487553b93539f11736330c40-5c8...

André Moreira

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report