Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use right -click radial menus

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
KMB088168
8622 Views, 18 Replies

Can't use right -click radial menus

I am constantly getting the following error that prevents me from using the right click radial menus :

// Error: file: D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/contextXGenToolsMM.mel line 36: Cannot find procedure "getGroomingToolIndex". //

It is rather annoying; it happens at start up almost every time and the only solution seems to be to delete my preferences folder.  The problem is that it keeps coming back after a few times I launch Maya.  Then I have to delete my preferences folder again and reinstall all my scripts.  Does any body know how to fix this issue. 

-Ken

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
cornelh
in reply to: KMB088168

@KMB088168

I assume you are using Maya 2017?  What OS are your running this on?  Also what is your graphics card?  I see you have your Maya installed in a non-default directory, and thus some of your paths might not be updating correctly.  Please make sure you have that directory it is looking for, and also you can run a 

getenv MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH;

in your script editor to see if maybe you have some paths going to the wrong directly and check your Maya.env to see if they are set wrong, if there is anything there.  Are you using any userSetup.py files or system environment variable that point to diff. directories than the installed one?

I would also re-install your graphics driver as a new install as Xgen is dependent on a ViewPort 2.0 GPU to load successfully.  You can also try to unload the Xgen plugin from the plugin manager to see if that makes this stop?  Let me know how it goes.

good luck

Message 3 of 19
KMB088168
in reply to: cornelh

Housein .C,

I am using 2017 update 2 on Windows 10 (latest update) with a Titan Pascal on my workstation and a 1070 on my laptop.  Both drivers up to date with clean installs.

Ran the script and paths look correct.

Nothing in the .env file.

I am using Epic's rigging and animation tools that has a useSetup file.

Unloading the Xgen plugin does fix the issue, so that is an easy work around.

Message 4 of 19
cornelh

@KMB088168

Thank you for the feed back, I will have to download Epics Rigging tool set, as this has now happened a couple of times on other cases, and the only thing in common was Epics Rigging tool.. I wonder if the userSetup file has anything to do with it?  If you are not going to use Xgen for now, then I guess we can say that is a quick fix, yet I would like to get to the bottom of this.  Thank you for the input!

Message 5 of 19
sean655321

I have the same problem with the radial menu no longer working and giving the same error. I also have the ART plug-in installed from Epic. This didn't happen until just today, however, when I was messing around with trying to run the color tool from Quixel DDO studio (which, btw, doesn't play nice with QT5 in 2017).

I can fix it by disabling xGen plugin then re-enabling xGen... then the radial menu works and no more error. I have to do this every time I restart Maya, however, so it's a little annoying, but something I can live with until a fix is published.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 19
KMB088168

Housein,

If you download Epic's rigging tool to poke around for issues, download the engine marketplace version and not the Dropbox version found on their forum.

And it does not seem like Xgen breaks.  I have not tested all functionality, but unloading and reloading the plugin restores the right click radial menus and Xgen seems to be working just fine.  I can just disable auto load, and turn it on only when I need it.

EDIT: Also, if this is tied to Epic's tool, then I just want to add that I've only seen this issue since Maya 2017 and Epic's marketplace version.  I know from Epic's forum that their main in house deployment is Maya 2016, so I do not know how much testing they did for 2017.  And their tool has gone through a lot of iterations (marketplace version is only a few months old) with a major update (version 2) coming in the near future.  I'll cross post this issue over there for some additional visibility.

- Ken

Message 7 of 19
Michael_Todd

It sounds like you have a dual video card setup? There was an issue with dual card setups that could cause problems. It's currently being worked on, and will hopefully be in a future release in a timely manner.  

Michael Todd

XGen Product Owner and Designer

Message 8 of 19
chuck
in reply to: Michael_Todd

I have this same problem, I too have Epic A.R.T. tools installed. Did anyone find a fix for this?

i9-9900K 3.6 GHz @ 4.9Ghz Hybrid Watercooled
EVGA 1070 8GB Hybrid Watercooled
1 TB M.2-2280 SSD
G.Skill - Trident Z 64GB Memory
Windows 10
Message 9 of 19
profi-pixelSQ7ER
in reply to: chuck

Same problem since months no fix.

Activating xGen doesn't even work sometimes.

I had to delete A.R.T.

I tried everything, reinstalling Maya, reinstalling A.R.T. (I also reinstalled my computer one time), no changes.

Message 10 of 19
chuck
in reply to: profi-pixelSQ7ER

I reinstalled Maya without the ART tools and it fixed mine, once I uninstalled Maya I went and deleted the Maya folder in my documents, and under my programs then reinstalled and all is good.

1 TB M.2-2280 SSD
Windows 10
Message 11 of 19
jfern561
in reply to: chuck

I also have the same issue, ALSO with Epic's A.R.T.

Message 12 of 19
chuck
in reply to: jfern561

Epic released their new ART tools just in case you didn't know. I didn't install the new ART tools because some people are reporting new bugs even with the new release. I am not going take a chance again and having to reinstall everything again. Also what screws me up with the ART tools,, it wants to change Maya World coordinates to Z up which then breaks Maya's Human IK and breaks some things with Maya skinning.   

1 TB M.2-2280 SSD
Windows 10
Message 13 of 19
usaalan

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/contextXGenToolsMM.mel line 36: Cannot find procedure "getGroomingToolIndex".

I fix the issue!!

Easy fix, just click the "Move Tool" on top where the Panel Layout is.

Once you click to change the tool you had selected, you will gain the ability to right click again.

Message 14 of 19
MIKKAZX
in reply to: usaalan

This fix doesn't work for the sculpting tool (Shift+right click)
Message 15 of 19
FAKlR

Fixed thx for the pics and indication it wwork again thx

Message 16 of 19
d14carpe

I have A.R.T and Maya 2017 and had the same problem. Reloading XGen works! 

Windows>Settings/Preferenses>Plug-in Manager
Scroll down and find xgentoolkit.mll > click on both loaded and Auto load and the click on them again (so they are checked). > Close.

And then it should work! 

Message 17 of 19

Maybe I've found a way to work around this issue... It worked for me here.
I'm currently using Maya 2017 on a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS machine.. basically I opened the contentXGenToolsMM.mel file, which is located at : /usr/autodesk/maya2017/scripts/others/contextXGenToolsMM.mel and comment out few lines of code where the getGroomingToolIndex() is called and its return value is tested, inside the global function contextXGenToolsMM():

global proc int contextXGenToolsMM(string $parent)
{

//int $index = getGroomingToolIndex();
     //if($index == -1)
     //{
     // return 0;
     //}

}

Save the file, and that's it..

Message 18 of 19
dlssapsupport

This worked! Thanks!

Message 19 of 19
chinRZA27

you saved my ass bro!  thanks a lot lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report