Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load file into scene, scale stops at 62% without any error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sanya.erxbear27
138 Views, 5 Replies

Can't load file into scene, scale stops at 62% without any error

Hi all, I have a problem with my scene in Maya. It took me a long time to make a project and resave it to the same .ma file. The last time I used the scene it saved fine without any error, but when I switched the scene on the next time it started to load and the load percentage stopped at 62%. And when the file loads, it doesn't give any error, just the loading scale stops at 62%.

I looked at the .ma file in a Word document and at the end of the file after the main code the text breaks off and then there are squares (see screenshot). Maybe this is familiar to you. I also have an idea to restore the file versions of my overwritten scene, but I don't understand and haven't found how to saddle it.

What I have tried:
1. Restoring the default preferences folder and re-running the file;
2. Importing the .ma file into the scene (hangs at 62%);
3. Trying to open the file in an early version of Maya 2018 (also hangs at 62%);
4. Looking in the Temp folder for a copy of the file (it's not there).
5. Tried to restore copies of the overwritten scene through a special programme (finds nothing).

I also attach a file with the project ("wristwatch"). I hope for your help as I have already tried many different ways. If you manage to fix the file, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
damaggio
in reply to: sanya.erxbear27

look inside your incremental saved scenes, you should have a few versions inside that might open.

Message 3 of 6
sanya.erxbear27
in reply to: damaggio

You probably mean for me to go into the "AutoSave" project folder? The thing is, I didn't create the project via "Set Project", so I don't have all those folders.

Or do you mean a different location? Can you tell me where the additional saved scenes are located?

Message 4 of 6
damaggio

Here I recovered your file....

Message 5 of 6
damaggio

You dont need to set a project when you model but you need to follow the rules to safeguard your work.

Message 6 of 6
sanya.erxbear27
in reply to: damaggio

Hi. Thanks, but there's practically nothing left of the clock here. Only part of the strap (see screenshot).

Maybe suggest how to restore it completely, not just a small part of it? And where are the incremental saves?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums