Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find saved file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
flozoa
448 Views, 1 Reply

Can't find saved file

Hello everyone, i am encountering an extremely frustrating error. Maya crashed, as per usual. I had saved just before it crashed, but even before that i had been saving all day long (i have autosave turned on and i manually save about every 2-5 minutes). 

Well i didn't pay attention to the path as maya was crashing, and now all my progress from today is gone? my scene files from yesterday/previous are there, but nothing from today. And i would say that oh i had just forgotten to save, but I know for a fact that i had been saving all day long and that it had successfully saved before crashing. 

I think Maya has done this to me before and saved the file to a really weird location/possibly under a different name, but I have been searching my computer for an hour and nothing. I'm so frustrated i could cry, a whole day of progress gone. Does anyone know where Maya could have moved these files to??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

*edit to say i am working on a mac

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hamsterHamster
in reply to: flozoa

You should browse to the temp folder. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Maya-Cus...

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report