Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Export Render Settings, get Permission Error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
andymc4997
734 Views, 8 Replies

Can't Export Render Settings, get Permission Error

Hi everyone, 

When I try to export my render settings in Maya '23, I get this error:

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow.mel line 766: PermissionError: file C:\Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023\Python\lib\os.py line 225: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:/Users/andymc'

I've tried setting permissions on multiple folders in these directories with no luck. Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
andymc4997
in reply to: andymc4997

Anyone at all? Surely this is something pretty simple, I just can't find the fix yet.

This may have literally just cost me a job because I didn't realize that somehow my Ray Depth was set too low, which compromised the realism/bounce light in my scene, and that was saved as a preset in my previous version of Maya, so I was used it being there.
Message 3 of 9
teddude75

What's the error when you save to desktop? It might be a conflict with python. But I'm just guessing

Message 4 of 9
andymc4997
in reply to: teddude75

Hi @teddude75 , well, after more digging on the subject, yes, I think it's something to do with python. I installed a new version and that didn't fix it. Then, I just decided to set Maya to run as administrator, and it worked, so that seems to be a workaround for now. 

Message 5 of 9

Create the folder for the user above for that preset. Don't know it is older user....

Message 6 of 9
TR-BOB

I have got the exact same problem. I get the error because Maya is trying to access the wrong user folder. It uses the username that I had on my previous machine. I am not sure where Maya gets this old data from. I have not yet been able to find the username in any of the preferences files. Any help from Autodesk would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 9
TR-BOB

Ok, found a solution! In userPrefs.mel I did a search and replace of my old username with my new username. Now I can finally export the render settings. The userPrefs file can be found here (on Windows):
Documents\Maya\2023\prefs\userPrefs.mel

Message 8 of 9

Thank you for taking the time and updating us. Greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 9
AlperUzmezler5113
in reply to: TR-BOB

Thank you for taking the time and updating us. Greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report