Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Color Of My Object!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Kitoashbey
5036 Views, 3 Replies

Can't Change Color Of My Object!

I'm new to Autodesk Maya and trying to create the rocket ship in the Maya YouTube tutorials. While I was able to make the rocket, when I try to add to add bump map (noise) or change the color using texture file, nothing changes what so ever. Can anybody help me with this? Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Kitoashbey

Hi!

Please make sure you enabled in Viewport menu:

Shading -> Hardware Texturing

Message 3 of 4
osidedan

hello! 
Try left-clicking in your viewport, and then press 6 on your keyboard. this will change the display type for that viewport to be shaded WITH textures. 

If it still isn't working, make sure the toggles for the viewport look like this:
viewport_settings.png

Hope that helps!

Edit: I posted this without realizing mspeer had already answered it haha. But yea what I have here is just 2 different ways of achieving the same result mspeer mentioned.

Message 4 of 4
cara.roberts88

Hi, 

I've been trying to change the colour of my object for a while now. I've tried the 2 answers above but they haven't worked. I was just wondering if you have more alternatives, for this issue?  

This is what my current scene looks like. Many thanks in advance for any advice! 

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 13.12.59.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report