Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Spots on Model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
david.moller5TVPS
779 Views, 3 Replies

Black Spots on Model

Hey,

sorry for bothering with these beginner-problems, but I´ve tried everything I could find on the internet and couldn't solve it myself. As you can see from my screenshot, I've black artefacts on my revolved surface and a few questions regarding them:

1. Are they problematic and will they cause problems in my render or can I ignore them in the modelling process?

2. How can I fix them?

And also, is it problematic modelling by revolving surfaces or would you advice rather modelling with polygons?

Thanks in advance!Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-19 um 22.24.16.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: david.moller5TVPS

Hi!

Try to adjust your camera clipping planes (Near and Far).

Message 3 of 4
david.moller5TVPS
in reply to: mspeer

Hey, thanks for replying. That wasn't the problem, but in another test I found out, that these occur when you apply an Extrude (via the button with the two bars) without actually applying any value.

Message 4 of 4

I don't think you understood his advice, the reason that happened is because the faces of the extrude are too close, and this can happen in other extrusion depending on the scene scale and adjusting the camera clipping planes will solve that. I just wanted to clarify so others can understand when thy come across this.Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums