Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner - Need help with exposure and rendering

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
intia74
746 Views, 2 Replies

Beginner - Need help with exposure and rendering

Hello I am a beginner in Maya and trying to work on my final project. I am making a scene. My picture that I uploaded for the background looks great. However, when I do a test render on it to see what it looks like it is completely over exposed and way too bright. I have attached a photo. I haven't even added a camera or any lights yet and when I render its way too bright. Can someone help me fix this? And if so can you please give instructions to navigate to the options that help fix this just because I am new and not savvy enough to know where all menu options are yet. Any help would be appreciated just trying to work on my final. Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: intia74

Hi!

There can be multiple issues.

1. Maya Software renderer uses a default light. Disable it in Render Settings

2. Maya Software renderer does not support Color Management. Set Color Space of the image to "RAW".

3. Use "Surface Shader" as material, if you don't want any shading or impact of lights on the image.

You can also use Arnold for rendering instead of Maya Software.

Message 3 of 3
intia74
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you for your help. I have decided to just go with the Arnold render and there was no issues with that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report