Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Maya 2020 Basics Guide: Lesson 4.5-Tutorial 5: Create a Birail Surface. TECHNICAL ISSUE (SOLVED)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Super_Maya_Man
92 Views, 0 Replies

Autodesk Maya 2020 Basics Guide: Lesson 4.5-Tutorial 5: Create a Birail Surface. TECHNICAL ISSUE (SOLVED)

Hello Everyone!

I have recently decided to take up on a new habit, and that is finding a community to join in pertinence to Maya! 

I am going through every single page in the Guide Book and have found some issues that I wanted to remedy in a public forum, so that everyone else will be able to find relief. 

In a shortened length of a summary, I will detail every step; for anyone that has the courage to spend a few minutes and give it a shot to experience the failure every beginner WILL come across for following the guide to a T.:

1-Click the 4-view button
2-Create a NURBS Primitives Square menu command
3-Select the SCALE tool and increase its size to fill the view panel
4-Click on the Select by Component Type button in the status line (Or press F8)
5-Drag over the middle two CVs in the TOP and BOTTOM line
6-Select the MOVE tool and drag the CVs upward in the FRONT View Panel
7-Drag over the middle two CVs in the LEFT and RIGHT lines in the Top View Panel
8-Drag downward in the FRONT View Panel
9-Click AWAY from all the curves, to DESELECT them, and click on Select by Object Type button in the status line.
10-Select the Surfaces, Birail, Birail 2 Tool Menu Command. 
"The Help line displays the order in which the curves need to be clicked" 
11-Drag over the left and right lines of the square in the Top view. Then drag over the top and bottom lines in the Top View Panel
12-Press the 3 key to see the new NURBS surface at a higher resolution
13-Select Save Scene As and save the file as "Complete Waste of Time" (Pun intended, its supposed to be saved as "Birail surface.mb"

So, if you made it this far and are scratching your head as to why on earth is your work not looking anything like the example.. I have a simple solution as a result of my own trial and error: IGNORE THE RED TEXT IN STEP 9

That is all their is to it! I hope this has relieved the obstacle for any beginner that may hinder them from continuing to aspire to become one of the greatest animators of our century!

😊I appreciate your time everyone!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report