Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio problem

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
34566 Views, 17 Replies

audio problem

hi. . .when i import audio (wav) in maya 2014 nothing gets  loaded in the time slider, it shows no sounds available..how do i slove this ???

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pshwayka
in reply to: Anonymous

Right-click on your timeline, and make sure your wav file is selected under the "Sound" settings.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

It says no sounds available
Message 4 of 18
pshwayka

Does the wav file play outside of Maya? Also, have you tried other wav files in Maya?

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Yes it plays outside. . and no other wav file is played in Maya. . . and
I'm using student version . . is that a reason for this ??
Message 6 of 18
pshwayka

No...the student version does everthing the commercial version will do. The good news is, I think i have a solution. (I was able to reproduce your issue.) 

You need to convert your sound file to a Microsoft signed 16 bit PCM wav format. If you don't have a program that will do this, you can download Audacity at www.audacityteam.org. (It's free.)

Open your file with Audacity, then click File->Export Audio and choose the format I mentioned above. The newly saved file should now load into Maya.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

it worked . . thank u . 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

not working for me 😞

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

Try deleting the audio first, then re-importing:

Choose Edit > Delete All by Type > Sounds to delete all audio files in the scene (if you only have one sound file).

Then import the new sound again.  For some reason I got stuck here too, and following the above worked.

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks so much for this - you are a gem!

Message 11 of 18
nacho.grodek

Hi, I followed every step you detailed and I got to import the audio and actually see it in the time slider, but now whenever I press Play I can't listen to anything. Got any idea what may be the issue?

Message 12 of 18
nacho.grodek
in reply to: nacho.grodek

Solved, I just had to press Playback Speed -> Real time

Message 13 of 18
sflipse

thank you that worked! 🙂 how do you get it to work every time though? bc after I played it went back to the "Play Every Frame" setting

Message 14 of 18
sflipse

also just wondering if the Audio Node exports the sound too? Or is it just used as a visual aid within maya, but then you layer your sound later like in Premiere Pro. Asking bc I opened my files into Premiere and it was just visuals no sound. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Tried doing all the given steps.. But it is still not coming for me... I'm not able to even view it in Time slider... I'm even not able to view it in in the sound option after doing a right click in time slider

Message 16 of 18
wang.shihtung

Sorry to necro this post, but I also followed steps above and nothing works.

Turns out the problem is my sound file's name "01.wav"

Maya somehow can't recognize number-only file name. I changed  "01.wav" to "sound1.wav" and solved the problem. 

Message 17 of 18
dahernandezb

You can also do it with adobe audition, when you are exporting the file there is a way to change it to 16 bit PCM wav
Message 18 of 18
rweirTCJ7P

I just had a similar problem - and discovered that my file name, "15.wav" was invalid.  As soon as I renamed the file as "fifteen.wav" it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report