Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold render window will resize itself and jumps across screens

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
johnstifter
365 Views, 7 Replies

Arnold render window will resize itself and jumps across screens

After I've situated all my windows when I click render, the render window will resize itself and move across the screen strewn out between two screens .. and that causes a lag.  Is there any way we can lock the renderer window keep it from resizing and moving every time because it becomes problematic on multiple levels.

Regards, John 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
slhodak
in reply to: johnstifter

Having this issue too - I position the window carefully in a corner so it won't overlap other important windows, but when I start rendering, the window widens up and covers up the windows next to it (which is usually my main Maya window.)

Message 3 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: slhodak

No versions? no OS?

Message 4 of 8
slhodak

Sorry, good points. 2023.3, Windows 10.

Message 5 of 8
hagen.deloss

Hi @johnstifter 

That sounds frustrating! @Stephen.Blair is this something you have encountered before?

I'm not seeing any specific Arnold UI lock settings but i could be off base! I would always recommend, if you aren't on the latest version of Arnold (MtoA 5.3.3.1), to download that and see if the issue persists. 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 6 of 8
slhodak

Hi @hagen.deloss ! I have what I hope is some more helpful detail for you. It happens when IPR is watching for changes, and I change a shader in Hypershade by connecting a new node to one of the shader's ports, triggering a rerender and also resizing the window.

Message 7 of 8
slhodak
in reply to: slhodak

Well, not every time apparently...

Message 8 of 8
johnstifter
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Thanks i'll give it a try. a bit off subject where can I go with a 88,000 lined sketch based modeling tool script ? Also I'm am looking for a place to see what people are doing with copilot and GPT4.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report