Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold Render Sequence NOT WORKING!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
brandonGains
10344 Views, 7 Replies

Arnold Render Sequence NOT WORKING!

Hi im experiencing a lot of issues with Arnold lately ever since ive update to the current version of 2.0.1 / Core 5.0.1.0

My biggest problem is that I actually cant render any of my porjects. I can RenderPreview them just fine with no issues. But when it comes to the final render nothing happens. I tried creating a new project with a basic textured gold cube to see if I could render a single frame, but this time, I couldnt even change the Frame Range, as it was greyed out.

So basically, when I click 'Render Sequence' the 'Render View' Window opens up but nothing happens it just stays blank. Nothing is happening in the background either as I would hear my fans on my Computer start spining loudly when I render anything. Could someone please help asap! This is such big deal that I cant export any of my hard work anymore. 😞

Bellow are some images of the issue:

What Im shown when I click 'Render Sequence' on my chosen project.What Im shown when I click 'Render Sequence' on my chosen project.Simple Gold Cube test. Frame Range Greyed out and can't be altered.Simple Gold Cube test. Frame Range Greyed out and can't be altered.Render Settings for my chosen project that I wish to Render.Render Settings for my chosen project that I wish to Render.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Can we see Arnold logs for the frames?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 8
arrogance217
in reply to: brandonGains

Hi Brandon,

In the case of the Gold Cube the problem is that you've chosen name.ext for naming your render. With this setting you could render only a single frame. If you'll change this to one of the possibilities for multiple frames, you should be able to select more than one frame for rendering.

Your other problem with the sequence render  sounds familiar as Ive experienced smth like this last month.

Do you own a separate Arnold-Key? The version that comes with Maya does sequences too - but it puts a watermark on it.

But why it doesn't even starts rendering - no clue.

I hope I could help with your first problem...

Kate

Message 4 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

1. If you choose to Render a "Single Frame" there is no need for frame range, choose an other Frame/Animation ext.

2. You need a light in the scene to see something with Arnold. No light = dark/black.

Message 5 of 8
stelle.gioia

Ciao anch'io ho lo stesso problema....teniamoci aggiornati!

@brandonGains wrote:

Hi im experiencing a lot of issues with Arnold lately ever since ive update to the current version of 2.0.1 / Core 5.0.1.0

My biggest problem is that I actually cant render any of my porjects. I can RenderPreview them just fine with no issues. But when it comes to the final render nothing happens. I tried creating a new project with a basic textured gold cube to see if I could render a single frame, but this time, I couldnt even change the Frame Range, as it was greyed out.

So basically, when I click 'Render Sequence' the 'Render View' Window opens up but nothing happens it just stays blank. Nothing is happening in the background either as I would hear my fans on my Computer start spining loudly when I render anything. Could someone please help asap! This is such big deal that I cant export any of my hard work anymore. 😞

Bellow are some images of the issue:

What Im shown when I click 'Render Sequence' on my chosen project.What Im shown when I click 'Render Sequence' on my chosen project.Simple Gold Cube test. Frame Range Greyed out and can't be altered.Simple Gold Cube test. Frame Range Greyed out and can't be altered.Render Settings for my chosen project that I wish to Render.Render Settings for my chosen project that I wish to Render.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: stelle.gioia

Per me è lo stesso. Tanti Baci Render.

-Perugina

Message 7 of 8
stelle.gioia
in reply to: Anonymous

Beh, non direi tanti baci in realtà...ehehe... ho scritto su un altro gruppo su Facebook se sò qualcosa vi aggiorno...per ora nessuno mi ha saputo dare una risposta definitiva...

Message 8 of 8
2695285TC4Y6

Maybe the image format changed to Exr ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report