Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARNOLD RENDER HAS DISAPPEARED!!!

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
16304 Views, 8 Replies

ARNOLD RENDER HAS DISAPPEARED!!!

What the f@ck!

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer "arnold" used by this scene, is not currently available. The "mayaSoftware" renderer will be used instead.

The "arnold" tab IS COMPLETELY GONE!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the Plug-in Manager, find mtoa.mll, and select the Loaded and Auto Load check boxes.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Thank you. Why did this happen!?!? I want to know what caused this and if it is going to be an ongoing theme with Maya. I noticed it right after a crash and restart of Maya.

Message 4 of 9
Stephen.Blair

Hi

It hasn't happened to me much (just once that I remember) and it doesn't come up in my Solid Angle support queue, so I haven't investigated why this happens.

But here's what I think:

The plugin auto-load preferences are stored in your user preferences (prefs/pluginPrefs.mel).

When Maya crashed, either just the MtoA auto-load preference was reset and then written to that file, or the whole pluginPrefs.mel was reset to the default.

This is nothing new:

http://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/forums/160518-small-annoying-things-to-fix-in-maya-forum/suggestion...

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 5 of 9
Raverro

I've checked the check boxes in the plug-in manager, the "auto load" will hold a check mark but the "loaded" box wont keep a check mark in the box (it refuses to be selected), I even completely reinstalled Maya 2017 and still no Arnald... Please help...

Message 6 of 9
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Raverro

@Raverro wrote:

I've checked the check boxes in the plug-in manager, the "auto load" will hold a check mark but the "loaded" box wont keep a check mark in the box (it refuses to be selected), I even completely reinstalled Maya 2017 and still no Arnald... Please help...

It's not necessary to reinstall Maya. Just install MtoA. You can download the installer from solidangle.com

If MtoA won't load, check the script history for errors.

Then go here:

https://arnoldsupport.com/2016/11/08/mtoa-unable-to-dynamically-load-mtoa-mll-the-specified-module-c...

// Stephen Blair
Message 7 of 9
Raverro
in reply to: Raverro

Fixed it... I had to reinstall Arnold from the Solidangle website...

https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/download

yay me! 🙂

Message 8 of 9
Raverro

Thanks for the quick response... you're a great help!!! BIGGEST THANKS!! 🙂

Raverro

Message 9 of 9
abars51099

But those boxes ARE checked & I still don't see Arnold 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report