Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Camera View Settings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
flashawd
2040 Views, 5 Replies

4 Camera View Settings

Hi - I hate to ask a question this basic, but I have spent too much time trying to figure it out. I have my view set to "Four View" cameras - I have the perspective and side view on the right - on the left somehow they are both linked so when I change one, the other changes w/ it. I would like to just have them set to the default "top" and "front". Any help would be appreciate - again sorry for such a basic question. - Eric
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
flashawd
in reply to: flashawd

I think I found the problem where I can change the setting - somehow the "Viewport" bar is missing (VIEW / SHADING / LIGHTING / SHOW / RENDERER PANELS). I can see all the icons, but no dropdown menu is showing - how do I get that to show? Thanks again - Eric
Message 3 of 6
flashawd

Got it - if anyone else "new" has this problem - Maya 2009 - it's a hotkey "Shift" + "M" - turns it off and on - must have accidentally hit it - that got it to where I could set my different views back up.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ha..ha...just to add some more shortcut about "shift + m" for beginners.

"ctrl + m" ---> hide/show Main Menu
"shift + m" ---> hide/show Panel Menu (View | Shading | Lighting ...)
"ctrl + shift + m" ---> hide/show the Panel Toolbar (Icons under Panel Menu) (New in Maya 2009)

Happy Maya-ing
Billy
Message 5 of 6
flashawd

Hi Billy - that's funny - seems there are a ton of these shortcuts - I think I have hit every one of them - I am spending more time trying to get my view back to normal than practicing modeling. 😉 Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 6
shanahmoffitt_05

press space bar to exit 4 camera view

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums