Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[2023] Maya won't start on MacBook Pro 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Vanejk
185 Views, 1 Reply

[2023] Maya won't start on MacBook Pro 2012

Hello,

I successfully installed Maya 2023 on my MacBook Pro 2012 (Catalina 10.15.7) and can not run the software. The Maya icon keeps bouncing for a few seconds until it suddenly stops and nothing else happens.
I already contacted the support. They couldn't help me either and suggested to post this into forums.
What I've tried so far:

-installing an earlier version (2020 and 2022)
-removing all Autodesk products (which is Maya 2023 only) and reinstall
-following a link sent by customer support and download the update file 2023.1 for Maya
-cleaning cache/cookies from browser
-signing out and in on my MacBook
-using Maya terminal with the command "sudo maya"

Non of these things worked for me so far and iirc Catalina 10.15.7 still supports Maya.
I had a similar issue on my Windows PC but with Maya 2020 which could not be installed at all.
Did someone encounter the same issue?

Recorded my screen and attached.

Best regards,

Tomas

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
patrick.schock
in reply to: Vanejk

Hello @Vanejk 

Can you please send me the exact specifications of your MacBook? You can find it by clicking on the Apple Icon > About this Mac.

Did you already perform a clean uninstall by deleting all files and folders as described in this article: Perform a clean uninstall.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report