Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022.1 Home Screen

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
t_smith5
721 Views, 9 Replies

2022.1 Home Screen

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I just haven't done something, but I've noticed with the home screen in Maya 2022.1 that no projects/scene files are listed for me. On my laptop there are, but my PC never shows any, despite having projects I'm working on. And the Current Project drop down on the left lists 4 directories, with one of them being the location of one of my projects.

maya_2nPfh13HqX.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ryan.harvey
in reply to: t_smith5

Hi there,

The selected tab is "Recent" so it will only show recent files according to your user preferences. If you've cleared preferences or haven't opened scenes in that version of Maya on that computer, then the page will be blank. If you open some scenes and don't clear preferences, then that page should be populated (even after closing and restarting Maya).

Hope it helps,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 3 of 10
t_smith5
in reply to: ryan.harvey

How do you clear Preferences? I don't think I have at any point. I delete History when working on a project, but that's it. I was working on something the other day, on the same computer, and with this particular version of Maya, and it's still showing up blank under Recent. 😕

Message 4 of 10
ryan.harvey

Typically clearing preferences is done by renaming or deleting the version-numbered folders in:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\maya
(i.e., for Windows)

Some people also rename their entire C:\Users\<username>\Documents\maya folder

The other possibility is that there's something non-standard about the project in the screenshot: does that project have a normal workspace.mel?  As a comparison, is the page still blank after you do the following?

- close Maya
- make sure there are some Maya scene files in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\maya\projects\default\scenes
- run Maya again, and in App Home, in the dropdown list of projects, select 'default'

- open one of the scenes from default\scenes

- go back into App Home

= is the file you opened listed there?

Thanks,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 5 of 10
t_smith5

It's very weird... Typically, I have no project files in the default location. I copied a couple over to it, though they're Maya Binary Files if that's any relevance. I loaded up Maya and the Home was empty. I set it to Project, closed Maya, and loaded it back up again - projects were listed. Closed it down, loaded it up again. It's still set to Projects, but it's empty and says 'You don't have any scene files yet'. Set it to 'default', closed Maya, loaded it up, all of my projects are listed, but not the ones I copied to the default path. o_O Set it to default again, set the path to the new workspace.mel file it created, due to copying/pasting the two project files, and closed Maya. Loaded it up again - still empty. 'You don't have any scene files yet'. Closed it down, loaded it up, still empty.

Message 6 of 10
ryan.harvey

Thanks for testing that, it's definitely strange.

Would you be willing to share your preferences folder(s) with us? If so, I'll send you a direct message and you could zip up your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\maya\2022 folder and send it over.

I'd like to try with your preferences to see if I can reproduce here.

Thanks,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 7 of 10
t_smith5

Sure thing. I'll send it over now.

Message 8 of 10
mspeer

Hi!

Can you please check if the Recent Projects and Recent Files are correct shown in the File menu in Maya?

If there is  a difference between the main File menu in Maya and the Home Screen this would indicate an issue related to the Home Screen only.

Message 9 of 10
t_smith5
in reply to: mspeer

ryan.harvey asked me the same question via private message. 🙂 But yes, the same number of Recent Files show in Maya. And there are four Recent Projects. However, things are slightly different on my laptop. The Recent Files show on the Home screen and in Maya, but there's nothing under Recent Projects.

Message 10 of 10
ryan.harvey

Just updating this thread. We have an issue in the backlog (MAYA-111937) which has the same symptoms as what's described here. After that issue is resolved, I think this problem should be resolved also.

Bifrost QA at Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report