Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020.3 Update for Linux? Can't find it anywhere

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
saudia
738 Views, 9 Replies

2020.3 Update for Linux? Can't find it anywhere

I teach a Maya course at a university, and I personally use a Linux desktop.

We are using the network license (now required for the Linux version of Maya).

I cannot find the download for the 2020.3 update (or 2020.2 or .1, for that matter).

I've submitted two official help desk tickets to Autodesk about this but they have not been able to help me.

I know the update exists.  I have found references to the name of the installer (Maya2020_64-2020.3-1431.x86_64.rpm).  But it does not show up in any download site to which I have access, nor can I get it by signing up for a trial, etc.

Does anyone have a link?  Or know of a way?  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hagen.deloss
in reply to: saudia

Hi @saudia,

Thanks for bringing this issue to the forums, although this is for sure a backend account access issue. As long as you have a Maya 2020 subscription, you should be able to see the 2020 update 3 download. 

Screenshot (597).png

This screenshot is to validate that there IS a 2020.3 for Linux, and it can be downloaded for folks that have a subscription. 

Please resubmit another support ticket along with this screenshot and tell them it's an account permissions issue (unless you actually don't have a subscription, which would then explain why you don't see it!). 

Sorry this isn't the best of news, but I wanted to give you path forward at least, and validate your experience 😄  I hope you have a great rest of the day, and best of luck!

Warm regards, 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 10
saudia
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Ok, thanks.  I'll start another ticket and mention the account permissions, specifically.

Message 4 of 10
saudia

I submitted a ticket several days ago, and...nothing.

And nothing for any of the previous 3 tickets.  My tickets go into a black hole.

What should I do?

Message 5 of 10
hagen.deloss

Hi @saudia 

That is not okay! Sorry you are having that experience!!

I will send you a private message following up with you so I can track down your cases and make sure they get to the right folks.

I hope this isn't preventing you from getting any work done!! Have a good weekend 😄 

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 10
hagen.deloss

Okay @saudia,

I tracked down your most recent case regarding this, and it looks like our system routed it incorrectly. We transferred it over to the education team, as they handle software account issues from folks in the educational space. 

Again, thanks for being so patient while we get this sorted out, I am hopeful that the EDU team can help work out this issue for you!

Warm regards, 

Hagen Deloss

Message 7 of 10
saudia
in reply to: hagen.deloss

There has been some movement on Autdoesk's end, presumably due to your efforts on my behalf, so, thank you.

Oddly, one of them was a reply to close a very old case # about this where, once again, they just gave me instructions on how to go to my account to download the update but, of course, it's still not there.

Another came today, closing yet another very old case #, but this time with a link on how to fix a Linux deployment (after installing a 2021 product).  This has nothing to do with my problem.

Is there any way to get an actual phone call with them?  I can't seem to make anyone understand.

Message 8 of 10
saudia

In a situation that one can only laugh about, I just got a reply from Autodesk for one of my tickets about this, and their solution was a....link to this post.

😞

Message 9 of 10
saudia

This issue has finally been resolved.  After submitting the 8th ticket, and receiving a reply that did not solve the problem, I replied to reiterate the problem, which they said escalated the case #, and then I got an email about a new "purchase" of Maya on my account, and when I logged in I could then see the Linux update downloads (as well as the Mac version).

Message 10 of 10
hagen.deloss

Hi again @saudia 

Happy new year! Again, so sorry this has been your experience, but I'm glad it got sorted out (finally).

If you ever submit an (in) product support issue (Maya tools or python/MEL, and 3ds Max tools), feel free to request my help @hagen.deloss and I will be more then happy to help in a timely fashion 😄 

Best of luck with teaching in the coming year!

Warm regards, 

Hagen Deloss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums