Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xgen file path error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sjrohitFAEQA
2396 Views, 7 Replies

xgen file path error

Hi Everyone,

I cant seem to fix this issue. Getting this error while trying to create region maps:

// Result: D:/work/Bharat/Titus2018/scenes/test.ma //
# Warning: The specified scriptJob (127) does not exist. #
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/art3dPaintSetPaintAttr.mel line 31: Some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute. //
# Warning: Some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute. #
Error while trying to do ptexBake
// Error: XGen: Failed to find test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
D:/work/Bharat/Titus2018/xgen/collections/test_col/test_des/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Users/Rohit/Documents/xgen/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/plug-ins/xgen/presets/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist) //
// Error: XGen: Failed to find test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
D:/work/Bharat/Titus2018/xgen/collections/test_col/test_des/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Users/Rohit/Documents/xgen/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/plug-ins/xgen/presets/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist) //

Michael - I have read your thread about editing xgen file paths, I followed the same but still I get this error.

I tried putting the absolute path as well, but same thing.

This is how my xgen file path looks like:

D:/work/Bharat/Titus2018/xgen/collections/test_col/test_des

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Rohit

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sjrohitFAEQA
in reply to: sjrohitFAEQA

I just noticed "test_des" is mentioned two times in following path:

D:/work/Bharat/Titus2018/xgen/collections/test_col/test_des/test_des/Region/pPlane1.ptx 

that is because, I added the description name as well in the file path. I guess, we need to add only till collection name. Even when I removed "test_des" from the path and re-tried, I still get the same error.

Message 3 of 8

Make sure your mesh has a lambert material on it before you start painting your region maps; ptex hates anything but the default maya materials.

Message 4 of 8

yes, I have the default lambert applied on the geo.

I created a new project and re-installed maya as well. But now I am getting the similar error even on the first process when we create a new groom description.

// Error: XGen: Trouble closing ptx file: Can't write to ptex file: D:/work/titus_groom/xgen/collections/titus_COL/face_DESC/groom//region/head_groomMSH.ptx
Permission denied
//
// Error: line 1: XGen: Failed to find face_DESC/groom/region/head_groomMSH.ptx //
// Error: line 1: XGen: Searched path includes:
D:/work/titus_groom/xgen/collections/titus_COL/face_DESC/groom/region/head_groomMSH.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Users/Rohit/Documents/xgen/face_DESC/groom/region/head_groomMSH.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/plug-ins/xgen/presets/face_DESC/groom/region/head_groomMSH.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist) //

Message 5 of 8

Are you setting a project before you make your xgen description, by any chance?

Message 6 of 8

yes. I always set a project first before I create groom description.

Message 7 of 8

Weird that its saying you don't have permission to write to that file. When you first create the ptex, does your mesh go solid white, or stay gray?

Message 8 of 8

It stays grey.

Some very strange things are happening.

so yesterday, I manage to start my groom even with that ptex file error.  I changed the path to absolute, saved the scene and when I clicked on update xgen preview (Eye button), the hair primitives showed up and I started grooming. And it was all working fine.

This morning when I am re-opening the file, its throwing bunch of errors again and not able to import my groom description. 

May be its something to do with some corrupted files. I will probably re-install maya and try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report