Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating a fountain with Bifrost

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1513 Views, 4 Replies

Simulating a fountain with Bifrost

Good morning,

I am trying to simulate a fountain with Bifrost. To do so, I created three different emitters and the intention is that they collide and generate splashes when the water flows down. However, the Bifrost particles don´t seem to be colliding against each other, but only with the geometry.

I am attaching a screenshot so that you can have an idea of what I am trying to achieve.

Any suggestions of how to make this happen would be really appreciated, thank you!!!

Bifrost_fountain.jpg

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Different Bifrost containers do not interact with each other, it's the same with Maya Fluids.

You can have multiple emitters, but in the same container (Bifrost / Fluid object) if you want interaction.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Oh, that's a shame!

Thanks a lot!! 🙂

Message 4 of 5
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It looks like there are three separate liquid simulations. For the particles to interact with each other, they need to be part of the same simulation.

When you first create the simulation, you can select all three emitter geometries and then choose Bifrost > (Create) Liquid. In this way, all emitters will share the same bifrostEmitterProps node so you can control the emission parameters centrally.

If there is already a liquid simulation in the scene, you can add another emitter that shares the same settings by selecting the geometry that you want to use as well as the bifrostEmitterProps node, and then choosing Bifrost > (Add) Emitter.

On the other hand if you want to add another emitter to an existing simulation and control its emission settings separately, then select the geometry you want as well as the bifrostLiquid node (instead of the bifrostEmitterProps node), and then choose Bifrost > (Add) Emitter. In this way, the new emitter will use a new bifrostEmitterProps node.

Hope that helps,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Grahame_Fuller

Thank you, that was very helpful. It works now 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report