Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle Instancer Velocity Aim not working...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
snakebloke
363 Views, 0 Replies

Particle Instancer Velocity Aim not working...

Hi there, 

I'm rigging up a 'Kord' machine gun for my showreel, and the particle emitters I have set up for the bullets and ejected casings are working fine, except for their aim. I have parent constrained the emitters to the main geometry group (which in turn is aim- constrained to a curve-based control). The emitters move with the rig, as I planned, but the instanced geometry is always facing in the +X direction, and I'm lost as to how I can change this. I'm trying to think of how to explain it - and struggling - so I think a playblast would better explain my frustration...

[video]

I just want vector of the cartridges and slugs to be determined by the direction the emitter is facing when each particle is emitted. 

I'm very new to dynamics, but it's something I want to learn so please fire away!! Thanks in advance!!

P.S.: The original model is NOT mine, I will endeavour to find the original modeller's name, but I have edited it myself, with the intention of making it even more realistic. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums