Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nCloth won't simulate...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jamesearnest244
9448 Views, 3 Replies

nCloth won't simulate...

Hi,

For some reason I can't get nCloth to simulate in my scene.

At first I tried it with my mesh, of course, but to try to debug, I just created a simple poly plane with 30x30x30 subdivisions, go to nCloth > Create nCloth, and then all the proper nodes are created (nucleus1, nCloth 1), but when playing back, the plane stays put and doesn't respond to the nucleus gravity. It doesn't respond to forces either. I made sure that the nucleus and cloth nodes are set to "Enable". I tried adding nParticles just to check if they work, and they do.

Does anyone have an idea what's stopping the nCloth from simulating?

I might add that there are no other nDynamics pre-existing in the scene.

Thank you for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
n8skow
in reply to: jamesearnest244

Do you get any error messages in the script editor?

What is the frame range you are trying to play? (are you sure it is long enough to see any movement?).

Also, in the time slider preferences - verify that you have the playback speed set to 'play every frame'.

Message 3 of 4
jamesearnest244
in reply to: n8skow

Thanks, I figured it out eventually, I was starting playback after the Nucleus start frame...

Message 4 of 4

i tryed 1000 times when I try to create a new document from scratch and make the ncloth constraint it works fine.

when i use the famous waitress rig free , i cant create a nconstraint that works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report