Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASH and Crowd question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alex
641 Views, 3 Replies

MASH and Crowd question

Hi Everyone,

So I am trying to have a bunch of people (Geo cache walk cycle) walk from one formation to another (for example they form the letter A, after that form the letter B).

I found a manual way of doing it using motion paths, but we are talking about 100 people here.

I started working with MASH and scatter and merge nodes, seems to be working not bad, although I can't have them facing the walking direction. 

Any ideas?? 

Or some other way to achieve this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@alex

What about the orient node?

Check out this video.

https://vimeo.com/51593499

Just make sure the axis that the animation is oriented to is in the direction the character is facing.

I can play around with this idea to see if it would look right. It's a little tricky with walking characters.

Cheers

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 4

@faline.custodio.da.silva

Yes, I did use this node with flight node. The problem I am having is getting the people to stop. 

With the flight node they are always moving around, even if slow. 

What I am trying is get the crowd from one location, move to another location.

Right now I started working on them manually, since I have a deadline approaching, but it would be nice to figure out a way how to do it in MASH.

Message 4 of 4

@alex

Yes, if you have a deadline you should get started on doing it manually.

But this is an interesting idea and if I find some way to do this in the future I'll let you know and add it to this thread! =]

Good luck on this project!

Cheers

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report