Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explode Polygons mesh animation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
davide.ben
435 Views, 1 Reply

Explode Polygons mesh animation

Hello everybody,

my first time here. It's a pleasure to be part of this forum.

Junior Artist with first experiences of VFX.

Basically i have a human body model (47000 faces) and i would like to animate every face of the model doing an explosion animation or at least that the model is going to recompose progressively with every poly, frame by frame.

I thought that i had to divide all the faces into a individual mesh and it's whati did.

Maya_preferences_modeling/ unpin "Keep Faces together", i selected all the faces of the model and i extracted.

The problem is, right now, for a model of 47ooo faces  i have 47000 individual meshes and it's completely impossible to work with it because the computer and maya are completely lagging.(3,5o Ghz,nvidia GTx 670).

So i downloaded another male model with just 3870 faces, even if the quality is not the one that i was looking for.

I did the same with the polygons and when i had 3870 individual meshes i make them to be a passive collider and i was trying to animate them with a Radial Field but the problem remains that is too huge to be organized and maya is lagging a lot.

I would ask to you if there is a better way to create a polygon exploded animation in maya.

Thank you so much.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Old post but for anyone else, try using the Bullet system and especially Rigid sets (make sure to check the "use Maya fields as well). use a Radial force to make the explosion effect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report