Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rickdarby88FKG
849 Views, 3 Replies

Bifrost Issues

I'm using maya 2016 and just started testing out bifront which is really awesome. However, i have 2 issues with it :

1) sometimes (about 50% of the time) whenever i create a bifrost object (create a cube or sphere, select it and then click on create bifrost) the actual bifrost shape/container/cube or whatever you call it, is created away from my initial "emitter" object, don't know why...

2) bifrost settings work great, simulation / collisions are good but whenever i touch the viscosity settings, it all gets stuck at frame 9 or 10 - with a viscosity of 0, it generated 120 frames in just a few seconds, if i turn the viscosity to 5, it generates the first 8 frames in one second, and then it stops at frame 9 or 10 - nothing moves, i can't click anywhere and then maya exits after about 1-2 mins.

I'm running maya 2016 (i've update to SP6 but nothing) and my rig is : intel i7-6700k / 16GB RAM DDR4 / Ati Radeon 7970 3GB RAM / SSD Disk with plenty of space / Windows 10 x64

Update : i did some more testing and if i set the viscosity to 1 or 2 it works fine; if i set it to 3, it stops at frame 16 (succeeded 15 frames) and if i set it to 5 it stops at frame 10

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have another quick update : after doing some more testing, i decided to try out maya 2017. Strange enough, in maya 2016, in the viscosity parameters i only have scale (i thought that was the actual viscosity) but in maya 2017 i have scale and viscosity (and the viscosity setting actually works). Is there any way i can enable the viscosity setting in 2016?
Message 3 of 4

Updated to maya 2016 extension 2 and now i have the viscosity setting and everything else works fine.
Message 4 of 4
joanpardo
in reply to: rickdarby88FKG

Him dude:)

About the first question you did:

I think it´s because the scale of scene.  For solve this  only have to change the Master Voxel Size, ( bifrostLiquidPropertiesContainer) normally for small values. For exemple, for small objects like a cup of glass, the MVS must be 0,01 , as soon you change the parameter, the container will be place around the object like expected.

hope i helped you 🙂

1) sometimes (about 50% of the time) whenever i create a bifrost object (create a cube or sphere, select it and then click on create bifrost) the actual bifrost shape/container/cube or whatever you call it, is created away from my initial "emitter" object, don't know why...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report