Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Foam Mesh Motion blur

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
thebenp
932 Views, 5 Replies

Bifrost Foam Mesh Motion blur

Greetings,

Just curious if there is any way to get a motion vector color set on the meshed foam the same way we get one for the liquid?

It seems to undermine the usefulness of being able to mesh the foam without any ability to accurately render the motion blur.

It is useful to be able to mesh the foam, especially for sharing between software packages, but without motion blur the functionality is limited.

The other option that would be very helpful is the ability to convert foam to a different particle format.

The PRT converter is nice to have but unfortunately without a Krakatoa license it doesn't help with portability. The BIN format is much more widely used, although less efficient, at least it is more portable between packages.

Thanks.

Best,

Ben

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
thebenp
in reply to: thebenp

MAYA-72650

Bifrost: Velocity channel can now be passed into foam mesh as CPV

Solved, as of Maya 2017 Update 2

Thank you 🙂

Message 3 of 6
kjellstrode

Is this still the case for Maya 2018? There seems to be some changes and I cannot for the life of me get the foam mesh motion blur to work with vray.

Message 4 of 6
kjellstrode
in reply to: kjellstrode

Do you mean transfer CPV is meant to be an attribute transfer? It works in that case but needs to always be attached to the source at all times. It sort of defeats the purpose of passing the mesh to an alembic?

Message 5 of 6
anabilvfx

hello Ben,

would you please tell me how to get a motion vector color set on the meshed liquid from bifrost? i'm using maya 2017.

Thanks 
Message 6 of 6
hoganburrows
in reply to: anabilvfx

export alembic and press the write color sets checkbox 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report