Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost emitter issue on Maya 2016

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PietroLB
952 Views, 4 Replies

Bifrost emitter issue on Maya 2016

Hello Autodesk Community, 

I`m learning now how to use dynamics in Autodesk Maya, and my first attempt is to create liquid particles using Bifrost native plugin. I've created a plane which I wish to use as emitter:

With my polygon selected I go to Bifrost > Create Liquid, however my plane is not acting as the emitter even though I've selected it before doing it:

It might seem a stupid question, but how can I make the liquid come out of my plane? I'm still learning Maya looking forward to become a VFX Artist and 3D Animator, so I appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pshwayka
in reply to: PietroLB

Hi Pietro,

Since your emitting object has no volume, you need to adjust a couple of settings on it. After you have done the "create liquid" command on it, select your object again, and go to its shape node attribute tab. Under the Bifrost section under Conversion, change the mode to Solid, and the thickness to 1.Then rewind your scene back to the beginning and hit the play button.

bifrost.png

Message 3 of 5
dustinwhite999
in reply to: pshwayka

I Just came across this help for Bifrost yet on the step of going to the plane's attribute editor there are no settings for Bifrost.

im using maya 2016.. am I missing something?Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 4.45.30 PM.png

Message 4 of 5

go to your plug in manager there something unticked that need to be ticked i just found it

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

What did you ticket on ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report