Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching an object to nCloth

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RikkTheGaijin
1073 Views, 2 Replies

Attaching an object to nCloth

Hi, I'm trying to attach a mesh to an nCloth simulation in Maya 2017 and nothing seems to work. I've read online that I could create a follicle on my nCloth and then parent an object to the follicle, but the problem is that the follicle doesn't follow the cloth simulation at all. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Ok, I've found a way. For the ones who are interested, in the Node Editor, by default the node outputStartCloth1 is connected to my FollicleShape node, but that is wrong. I had to disconnect the outputStartCloth1 from the FollicleShape node, and connect my outputCloth1 node .outMesh to the .inMesh of my FollicleShape node, and now it works. The follicle now follows the cloth simulation, and I can parent any mesh I want to it.

Message 3 of 3
litote
in reply to: RikkTheGaijin

Thanks for posting your solution. I came across the same talk about using follicles but the trail went dead until I found this.

I found that it was the nClothShape node that I needed to connect to the FollicleShape node, however. I did not see an outputCloth1 node as you mentioned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report