Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When making walk cycle maya runs out of memory (Does not crash)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clhl21
164 Views, 2 Replies

When making walk cycle maya runs out of memory (Does not crash)

Hi, im new to maya animation and i donยดt really have anyone to ask questions about the program right now. So im trying to learn from viedos and patch it together somehow.

So, now im making a woman with long hair, tail and a floorlength dress. I rigged the body and i used nCloth to make the dress move more realistically. At first, when i made her walk with everyting on i used about 80% of my memory but now (i only changed the friction and stickiness) i use over 95% of my memory (i incresed in preferences). 

i get this error:

Cached Playback: Memory dedicated to caching has reached its limit, so caching has stopped. To keep working with caching, reduce your playback range or allocate more memory to caching in the Cached Playback section of the Preferences
# Warning: Cached Playback: Out of memory. Allocated memory limit for caching has been reached so caching has stopped. See the Script Editor for details.

is there any way to decrese the memory usage so i can render all of my 5 frames?

Skรคrmbild 2024-03-26 115740.png

โ€ƒ

clhl21_0-1711450729556.png

This above is when the program isnt making the animation of the dress

Thanks in advance

Also, if anyone have a good toutorial of how to make nHair and animate it i would be greatful. ๐Ÿ™‚

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.cooleyVKJNJ
in reply to: clhl21

Cached Playback is a setting that lets the system cache out and save dynamics. In your posted image, it's not highlighted, so you may have turned that issue off. 

davecooleyVKJNJ_1-1712852323485.png

When you are doing a playback to see the dymamics, if Cached playback is on, it will use the set amount you chose (or default in preferences) 

davecooleyVKJNJ_0-1712852207654.png

If it's still saying it's running out of ram, even with this option off, you may not have enough ram in your computer and it's throwing that error to you. 

Maybe try building a cache of just the cloth, with all other dynamics turned off (disable evaluation).

sometimes it's just letting the system focus on 1 at a time. once the first cache is built, you can enable the next and so on.

Message 3 of 3
clhl21
in reply to: dave.cooleyVKJNJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report