Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Slider Help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kes1536
766 Views, 2 Replies

Virtual Slider Help

I am using Maya 2015 and do not have a mouse with a middle mouse button. I would like to use the Virtual Slider that changes values in the Channel Box. I cannot find the virtual slider in the hotkey editor. Does anyone know where it is so I can assign a different hotkey to it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tsefreeflow
in reply to: kes1536

You really need a MMB, you can get a mouse with one for like $10 or something (probably less).

Far as I know the MMB is needed for virtual sliding on channel box values. Depending on what you want to change you can go into the Attribute Editor under the transform of the object and use CTRL + LMB slide over the input box of what you want to virtual slide the value of.

Message 3 of 3
kes1536
in reply to: tsefreeflow

I will be purchasing a middle mouse button. In the meantime, I figured out a way to imitate a middle mouse button without having one. I downloaded this program, AutoHotkey, and with it created a hotkey for the middle mouse button. In the AutoHotkey script editor, I typed "LWin::MButton", which means the left Windows button on the keyboard (I have a Windows computer) functions as a middle mouse button when I activate the script (by double clicking the .ahk file). Of course, you can try using a different hotkey than LWin, but for some reason when I tried a different one it wouldn't work (maybe because it was also a hotkey in Maya and Maya is confused? When I was trying to use ctrl alt v as the middle mouse button hotkey, for instance, I unassigned the ctrl-alt-v hotkey already in Maya but Maya did not recognize the new hotkey I created. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but at least the Windows button one works, so I'm gonna stick with that until I get a middle mouse button). Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation to mine.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report