Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referenced rig looks really bright

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
iancrovella
179 Views, 2 Replies

Referenced rig looks really bright

I downloaded the Malcolm 2.0 rig from Animschool, but I'm having a weird problem with it. As per their directions, rather than using the base file I imported the rig into an empty Maya file as a reference. But when I do that (and this happens with other rigs I've tried too), his colors come out way brighter than in the original file. I'm pretty new to Maya so I'm probably overlooking something pretty simple.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
n8skow
in reply to: iancrovella

If you go to the hypergraph - do you see any lights that came in with the reference? Looks to me like an additional light has been added to the scene.
Message 3 of 3
iancrovella
in reply to: iancrovella

When I open the Hypergraph, it shows all the objects in the scene, but when I go to Show->Objects->any/all of the checkable boxes, no objects are visible in the Hypergraph. However, in the normal Outliner, when I do the same thing I am able to see different types of objects listed there. But nothing comes up when I only check the object types "lights," "light sets," etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report