Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head Mesh Moving Towards Blendshape in Maya 2015 (Very Urgent)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
alikhawar799
389 Views, 0 Replies

Head Mesh Moving Towards Blendshape in Maya 2015 (Very Urgent)

Hi there,

I have searched the forums as best as I could. But I could not find a satisfactory answer. The problem I am facing is that, I have modeled several blendshapes for a character's head. But as soon as I activated the first blendshape, the head mesh starts to move towards the blendshape. I have built the character in the following order.

1) Modeled it.

2) Created UVs then Textured/Colored it.

3) Created the Skeleton.

4) Deleted the history, froze transformations and cetered the pivot of the geometry and then attached it to the skeleton.

5) Painted skin weights.

6) Duplicated the head mesh along with the eyebrows. Moved it to the right side. Then dupicated it several times. Froze Transformations, Deleted History, Centered the pivots of all the duplicated heads. (During the time of the duplication, I noticed that all the transformation options of the original skinned head mesh were locked, I don't know if it's significant or not)

7) After modeling head for blendshapes, I first selected the blendshape head, then the original skinned head, and chose the Blendshapes option from the menu. The settings that I chose in the Basic menu were Local and Check Topology. And I chose the Front Of Chain option in the Advance menu.

I have tried the following so far.

1) Inputs ==> All Inputs, and from there I tried to correct the order. But the order was okay.

2) I detached the original skinned head and then tried to apply the blendshape, but it still moves toward the blendshape.

3) I then deleted the history of all objects and then applied the blendshape, but same issue.

4) I then undid all the changes. Deleted the Non-Deformer history on the skinned head mesh, and then applied the blendshape again. But no matter what I do, the head keeps moving towards the blendshape.

Also, I wanted to ask if it's okay if I continue to delete the Non-Deformer history on my skinned meshes. Or would it give me any problems in the future? Because there is quite a lot of history piled up on the geometry of my skinned meshes. And by the way, is it okay to delete the history of the joints, before the are attached to the geometry?

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this as soon as possible.

Thank you very much in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report