Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting animation with baked blendshapes weird as heck issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1341 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting animation with baked blendshapes weird as heck issue

So I have a mesh with blendshapes that I've animated. I bake the blendshape animations like I always do by selecting the blendshape node and then baking. Now I export the animation as a .fbx file, making sure all the correct export settings are ticked, again, just as usual. So far so good, but when I re-import the .fbx something extremely weird has happened... My blendshape connections have been jumbled. The blendshape called "mouth_open" is now "R_eye_close" and "R_eye_close" is now "R_brow_raise", etc, etc... It's as if someone took all the blendshape connections and randomized them. This means that if you only look at the values being animated, it looks correct. But if you look at how the animation looks, everything is wrong.

Here's a link where you can see what I mean. Look closely at what blendshape I'm manipulating and what it actually does to the model.

https://gyazo.com/7e76e380d5d489920df27311622ec619

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tony.su
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you upload your scene file and fbx file? We will test.

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'm having the exact same issue. Did you find a solution?

Message 4 of 6
tj.galda

Are you still seeing this in 2019?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tj.galda

I haven't tried with a different version, I'm still using 2017, but doesn't it depend only on the way in which you export it?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tj.galda

Alright, tried it on 2018 and now it works perfectly. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion! I don't know how I didn't think of that before 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report