Community
Machining Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Invalid home position moved to closest valid position.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
dpar15
2200 Views, 22 Replies

How do I fix this?

http://a360.co/1PdpyEr
Be as humble as your skills require you be.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
ubunibme
in reply to: dpar15

I've been getting the same error on a boring ops in Fusion. I *think* I have reasonable value for (internal) Inner, Out, and Clearance diameters, plus, in the 'Linking' tab, Safe Distance, Linear Lead in Lengths, etc. I can't seem to get rid of the warning!?
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: ubunibme

Make it a through hole part, and the error will go away. Many have asked for a fix, still nothing that I have seen. You also can't set the clearance offset so the tool doesn't pass centerline in a blind or complex hole bottom on an unhappy note. I have to create a fake part that has no bottom, then trick it into doing what I want. Very difficult to navigate a large boring bar in there without the ability to set the clearance retract offset. Maybe someday.... sigh.... In the mean time, pull my hair out.

Message 4 of 23
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

This problem is in Inventor HSM as well. And is one of those things that should be fixed ASAP.

But there doesn't really seem to be the understanding of the stakes in the development team.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 5 of 23

The good news is that this has been marked as fixed on ticket CAM-3335 and should be in the next release.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.walters

That's great news Jeff! Thanks for the update!

Message 7 of 23
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: dpar15

Jeff, do CAM-tickets cross multiple platforms now?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 8 of 23

yes sir all 3 are in the same system

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 9 of 23
Tony
in reply to: jeff.walters

Hi Jeff

When is this issue being solved? you mentioned that it would be in the next release, we have had 3 releases since you posted this but still no fix.

Please advise, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

Tony

Message 10 of 23
scottmoyse
in reply to: Tony

@Tony wrote:

Hi Jeff

When is this issue being solved? you mentioned that it would be in the next release, we have had 3 releases since you posted this but still no fix.

Thanks

Tony

@jeff.walters @porsbym @al.whatmough @dave.anderson this was only fixed for through hole situations, but not for blind holes issues. It's been a defect for well over 12 months now. Please can you get this fixed ASAP?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 11 of 23

I've encountered the same problem ..
Inventor HSM

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 12 of 23
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

@scottmoyse wrote:

@Tony wrote:

Hi Jeff

Thanks

Tony

this was only fixed for through hole situations, but not for blind holes issues. It's been a defect for well over 12 months now. Please can you get this fixed ASAP?

@al.whatmough @porsbym @jeff.pek 3 users in the last 24 hours have hit me up about this issue.... and the boring holder false crashing issues in stock simulation when are some of these long standing turning issues going to be sorted please?

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 13 of 23
jeff.pek

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Will check on the situation today.

Jeff

Message 14 of 23
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

Cheers Jeff

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 15 of 23

@jeff.pek maybe ticket #6395 has something to do with it.

Which I reported some weeks ago, which was/is a cross-platform problem.

We haven't seen the boring go through the centre in the last months only when you change the pass angle.

@scottmoyse if you take the latest release and you do inside turning the retraction always goes to 0?

That would amaze me. But everything is possible of course.

It does go beyond the clearance plane which is very bad of course.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 16 of 23
jeff.pek

Hi Scott -

It's not clear whether we're talking about the same issue, or different ones.

Can you provide some details of the cases that you're seeing/hearing about?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 17 of 23
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeff.pek

I will as soon as I can

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 18 of 23
mwhitten123

I just ran across this issue as indicated in the very first post except in HSMWorks R3.41621 March 6, 2017

The message in the log file reads:

"Warning: Invalid home position moved to closest valid position"

The operation in question was a simple OD profiling op on a simple part with a thru center hole. I was able to work-around the problem on my end by setting the part origin to the front of the part. The work-around in unacceptable for end user though. 

It would be great to see a fix for this issue soon.

Thank you,

Michael Whitten
Selway Machine Tool
CAM Support
mwhitten@selwayapplications.com
Message 19 of 23
scottmoyse
in reply to: mwhitten123

@mwhitten123 wrote:

I just ran across this issue as indicated in the very first post except in HSMWorks R3.41621 March 6, 2017

The message in the log file reads:

"Warning: Invalid home position moved to closest valid position"

The operation in question was a simple OD profiling op on a simple part with a thru center hole. I was able to work-around the problem on my end by setting the part origin to the front of the part. The work-around in unacceptable for end user though. 

It would be great to see a fix for this issue soon.

Thank you,

This was logged as CAM Ticket: CAM-7287 on the 2nd May. @jeff.pek do you know where this one is in the pipeline please? It's not related to the original post in this thread. But the same error. I've just struck it again today when programming a part for the secondary spindle... the back side of the part is the best place for the reference in this case but we get a big fat warning on the toolpaths if we put it there.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 20 of 23
jeff.pek

Hi Scott -

CAM-7287 was closed on May 15 by CJ as "won't fix", with the comment "Pending changes to the functionality of the 'Home Position'". I'm not sure of the details there. Adding @fonsecr to comment.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report