Inventor HSM 2017

65 REPLIES 65
SOLVED
Message 1 of 66
makko74
3753 Views, 65 Replies

Inventor HSM 2017

Hi,

the new Serial/Key for Inventor HSM Pro 2017 is now online in the autodesk account but when and where can i download it?

/Mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
65 REPLIES 65
Message 2 of 66
jeff.walters
in reply to: makko74

Sorry to say it’s not available yet

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 3 of 66
makko74
in reply to: jeff.walters

Thank you for the info Jeff.

When you say "not yet", can i ask when?

Pity, for what the new Serial/Key if the download is not online yet?
Well, the last year it was different around, always sometimes what new. Smiley LOL

So further wait...

/Mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 4 of 66
jeff.walters

To be honest we don’t know for sure. One of the holdups is the licensing. There are some not so good things happening.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 5 of 66

@jeff.walters wrote:

There are some not so good things happening.

You kidding!?!Smiley Surprised

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 66
makko74

Ok, so the usual problem with the license...another department... Smiley Sad

Thank you Jeff, now I know at least why and it is clear...

/Mario

Message 7 of 66
fredsi

Hmmm....maybe this explains why out of nowhere in early April, I stated getting daily (some times 4 a day) emails thanking me for registering InvHSM Pro and providing a new Activation Code. Have received 24 such emails since 4/11. Looks like the new Pestering Algorithm is working well Smiley Happy.

BTW, software was installed and registered end of February.

Fred

Message 8 of 66

Unplug the e-mail server

Message 9 of 66
dthuren
in reply to: Bartlett-Pentagon

Just got excited when I got the email to download InvHSM 2017 wooooohooooo!!!! No download though.... Then I remember this thread.

Hopefully soon!
Message 10 of 66
makko74
in reply to: dthuren

got also the email yesterday

"Your Autodesk software just got better. A new version is now available."- in big fat letters

...short hope...and then the awakening... Smiley Frustrated

apparently the left hand doesn´t know what the right hand is doing

such things create a positive company image

/Mario

Message 11 of 66
Lonnie.Cady

look at the bright side, at least you know a new versio of inventorHSM is coming.  You could be suing HSMWorks and hear nothing.

Message 12 of 66
makko74
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

Also again true Lonnie, the sun laughs and I came about a year without Inventor in 2017.

It is like it is..."term of abuse"

To hear nothing would drives me crazy!

/Mario

Message 13 of 66
electromechanica

Must be coming soon, the "whats new" video is up on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eWFQk9b5m8

Probing support looks cool.  Be neat when that works its way to Solidworks too. 

Steve

Message 14 of 66
Bartlett-Pentagon

Nice video,

But I/m not seeing anything new other than probing. I currently do chamfering, but not seeing the "advanced" part. I also engrave using trace which works well. Did we ever get single stroke fonts ?. What am I missing in the video ?.

Message 15 of 66

I sure hope they don't release the probing just like that for everybody.

That really something that would need community testing, I mean a lot of machines with a lot of different cycles and it's not easy to get that right.

(or if you look at the video they plan to not use cycles(I mean I see toolpaths and that might be just for simulation but might also be the actual outputted path) which would make it not all that usefull for many people.)

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 16 of 66

I'm more interested to see how they handle it in Post.  

It seems like that would be a major addition to all the current post processors.  

Maybe they will have seperate probe post processors, then roll it into main programs using sub-programs?

We shall see.

Steve

Message 17 of 66

It will probably just error out in a current post and requires a function

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 18 of 66
Steinwerks
in reply to: ArjanDijk

I'd kill to have probing in HSMWorks. Hopefully it makes it sooner rather than later.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 19 of 66
Fieldweld
in reply to: Steinwerks

For some reason I thought this was primarily a Haas Renishaw capability. I don't know how many other manufacturers incorporate probing as a factory option but I bet the majority out there are Haas and it makes sense this is where they would start before they do this for other set ups. Inspection Plus from Renishaw is included on all Haas Renishaw probes and has all the macros for most probing routines and they have made it pretty easy.
Dave Ault
Message 20 of 66

Only in the US there are a lot of Haas machines. In the rest of the world you are not very likely to find them. So if they designed it for Haas only it's useless.
I mean all Heidenhain controls have probing built in without even the need for probe specific macros. So you would expect them to start with that instead of a very specific very small number of machines.

Apart from that it should also be able to work on any Fanuc or Siemens control.

About factory options nearly any serious machine you can buy with a probe out of the factory. So that not really special for Haas.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report